Sunday, July 8, 2007

A very different little boy


A few months ago, I felt that I had done something terribly wrong - I had a baby. In doing so, I had brought on hell to my life. All I did all day long was feed the little ungrateful blob and in return, all he did was scream.

He didn't sleep - not during the day, not at night - and he didn't even really eat very well (though by the look and feel of him you wouldn't believe it). My visiting teacher brought me the book that was supposed to solve all my problems. It didn't (Shane, you are the best visiting teacher in the world and I am really grateful for the book - I'm sure it will help with my other babies). It was just Ethan. He was the worst. And nobody would believe me, either, because every time someone else came around he would go quiet or fall asleep.

Things changed, however, when my mom and dad visited us mid-May. All of the sudden, Ethan slept like, well, a baby. And he didn't really even cry that much.


Now, he is the best baby in the world. He loves to laugh, talk and cuddle. He watches us and loves to touch and discover things. He almost always smiles when you look at him with a smile. I am suddenly realizing why all these other moms tell me they love being a mom. It's a great feeling.

7 comments:

Earl said...

This little dude looks like one of the little guys from Star Wars. I can't think of their names but they are the ones out in the desert when R2D2 and C3PO get into a fight and part ways. Yeah, he looks like them.

Earl said...

I would also like to point out an obvious error that Megan has made on her Personal Profile. She is in fact a female, not a male.

M said...

How funny. Ok, I changed it.

Natalie said...

oh honey do you remember when all we wanted to do was get married and prego so we wouldn't have to work :)

Natalie said...

oh honey do you remember when all we wanted to do was get married and prego so we wouldn't have to work :)

Natalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
M said...

Oh yeah. We were so stupid. But it was fun being so stupid.