Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Crying in the Nordstrom shoe section

I haven't really missed home (Wellsville, Utah) at all since I moved out here. I've missed mountains and I've missed family members, but not enough to make me cry. But that all ended Friday when I went to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. I ditched out of sight-seeing early that day and hurried to the mall. As I neared the large anchor store, I saw many people leaving with the signature Anniversary Sale bags and (this is definitely lame) I got chills.

Then, as I walked in, I was immediately pulled by some magnetic force toward the shoe section. Upon arrival in that department, I felt that hot sensation in my ears and I couldn't hold back the tears. And at least one dripped out of my eye.

While I love shoes, they usually don't make me cry. It only took me a second to realize I wasn't crying about the endless shoe selection (here in Pentagon City there are quite a few choices). I was crying because I wasn't here at the Nordstrom Sale with my mom and my sister. You see, I cannot remember a year when I have not gone to this sale. And I can only remember one year when I went without my mom and my sister. It just kind of hit home to me how much I miss hanging with those two wonderful gals in my life. And we've got a new shopping pal in our sister-in-law Emma.

So.... I am sooooooo stinking excited to see them on Thursday. I will land in Utah in the afternoon Thursday and stay for almost an entire month. I'm sure we won't even go shopping, but it will be so fun to see them.

6 comments:

shamers said...

so fun to go visit family! we'll miss you while you're gone, but we know you'll be so happy while you're there. just make sure you come back! :)

Julie said...

Hey if you ever need a shopping buddy, I will gladly be your partner in crime. Have fun in Utah and don't forget to make Ethan a True Aggie! (Give him something to resent you for later) Say hi to Teddy for me :)

Rachel said...

I can't say I've ever been to the Nordstrom anniversary sale! I'll have to check it out. Have a blast with the fam and enjoy the dry heat. Hopefully I'm still here when you get back!

The Roe Family said...

make sure to call us we will be in bear lake.

Hallie said...

If you get a chance to come to slc i'd love to see you!

Jillyn said...

Hi! I found your blog through Hallie and Jeremys and knew by your post about Nordstrom that we have a little too much in common...
Anyway we might be moving out to DC in Jan. my husband will be interning with PwC and I was just wondering about the housing out there.. Where to look, where not to. Any tips on where we can find anything good I would totally appreciate!
Thanks!
Jill