Friday, July 6, 2007

News from the mom

This is Ethan's blog, but every once in a while I just have this urge to write about me. It may be because I like to hear myself talk (or watch myself type?). Anyway, since I have a difficult time writing in my journal, this is a good place to air my thoughts every once in a while, right?

While touring the national art galleries, I happened upon a collection of works by Jasper Johns and was instantly drawn to it. My favorite piece by him is "0 through 9." Right when I entered the room, I immediately saw the 3 in the piece but after a few minutes looking at it, I could only see the 4. What number did you see first? Here are more of his works.

I thought I'd get prints of maybe "Savarin" and "O through 9" to go in my house, and decorate around those pieces. I'm sure I'll change my mind next week and my apartment will likely NEVER be decorated.

So that's my two cents.

3 comments:

shamers said...

Thanks for the post, Megan! I like to hear you talk/watch you type, too. :) I'm glad you enjoyed the museum -- we didn't quite make it in with the rest of our group when we were at the folklife festival last weekend. Our mook HAD to have her nap.

I looked at your 0-9 link, though -- I'm so scatterbrained crazy that I saw 3 then 5 then 1 then zero, zero, zero, then 8, then 5 again, then 4. and now 4 seems really prominent, but 3 and 5 keep sneaking in there. Maybe I have ADD? I LOVE the flag and US map. (Of course, I'm so worldly that I would want an original so you could get all the texture....)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Until Ethan can speak/type for himself, he just better let you get a few words in, too!

Earl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Earl said...

Megan wouldn't let me put a red clock on the wall because it didn't "go". Now she wants to put pictures that have numbers and flags up. I give up.