Thursday, July 19, 2007

Holy hot and humid


Ryan's sisters are visiting D.C. this week, so Ethan and I are finally doing the tourist thing while trying to look as untouristy as possible (I left my neon pink fanny pack and red, white and blue tank top at home this time). But we have seen our share of tanned-to-a-crisp, metro map toting tube sock wearers. I almost enjoy watching the people more than seeing the sights here.

We toured the White House today. Well, we toured through a hallway of it. After about five minutes of meandering through the president's abode, we were ushered outside and then smothered with the blanket we here in D.C. like to call 100 percent humidity.

I've never been in a place where a cool rain actually makes things worse. The rain is a welcome reprieve from the heat, but once it stops, the leftover water rises up and almost swallows you.


Ethan seems to have gotten used to it though. He is such a good baby that he just deals with it. Wow. I'm a lucky mom.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Thats reminds me, I still have your FBI/CIA..."You don't know me shirt" you left at playgroup, I am sure you will want it back for the rest of your Capitol tours.

Anonymous said...

Meg, we just rediscovered ethanopia thanks to Kenzie. And we can't believe all the cute pictures and news we've been missing. We're getting very excited for you to come and take a break from that heat and humidity at the lake!

Hallie said...

Oh meg i loved touring DC, but it was in november so not so sticky! and how fun to have visitors i wish i could come do all the fun tourist things with you and your little sweet cheeks!

The Roe Family said...

i like the dr. laura book. it isn't a book that i can't put down(waiting to go buy harry potter) but it's good. it makes me feel like crap and that i need to take better care of mike which i do. i agree with her on most things but sometimes it's hard to take care of 2 kids all day long then when mike comes home take care of him too(if you know what i mean)