Thursday, July 12, 2007

Chair, glorious chair



I have semi-good news to report. While we experienced yet another night full of sleep - only interrupted once by a certain person we'll just call "E" - last night, he woke up twice. That was OK in my book because we had a bad day of naps prior to last night in the first place. And we all know that good naps contribute to good nights, right?

Today while I was eating breakfast, my little sleeper decided that he was bored with his old swing and old hanging toys and old chew toys and he just wanted me to hold him. He said that via little whines that sound sort of like a new little puppy whimpering. So I picked him up and brought him to sit with me while I ate my scrambled eggs. He soon became very interested in the chair that I was sitting in, and soon, in true Maughan fashion (Ben, remember your love for eating paper) chowed down on the back of the chair. Because we all know that chairs are delicious.

He soon got pretty frustrated as he realized that it was difficult to fit that chair in his mouth. And I figured I would redirect his attention before another existential meltdown occurred. So I stood up and, after a few seconds, he found my shoulder to be very tasty.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I like chewing on chairs too! Great blog, I'll look forward to many more adventures of "E".

Julie said...

Hilarious! I love, love, love your blog! Ethan is adorable, and does bear a resemblance to Elliot, which is quite humorous I think its the cheeks, ya gotta love chubby cheeks!

Emilie said...

Hi Megan! We at the Herald Journal found your blog yesterday (today for some people) thanks to your e-mail and we're loving it. Ethan looks like a handful -- he's gotten so much bigger than the first pictures I saw. I love all the hair! It's good to see what you're up to.