Monday, May 5, 2008

Three strikes

As I fished through my purse at the Target check-out I felt what have become some familiar check-out feelings: embarrassment and annoyance. For the THIRD time in as many months, my wallet wasn't in my purse. So, for the THIRD time, I told the cashier that she would have to cancel my large order (which included some much-needed supplies), because I had no money. And, for the THIRD time, I marched back to my car, drove home and decided not to go back to Target because my impatient (but darling) child absolutely could not handle another trek through Target.
And it's all thanks to Ethan, who, because of an obsession with my credit cards, often pulls them out of my wallet then hides it under a pillow or deep inside a closet.

9 comments:

Monson Family Fitness said...

I'm sorry! That would make me so embarrassed...I just can't handle those kind of situations! I would probably never go back to target worried i would see that same checker and she would be like,"there's that lady who forgets her wallet when she comes shopping!" I'm a nerd!

The Roe Family said...

what a stinker! that happened to me at the grocery store and the sad thing is it happened before i had kids.

mckenzie said...

i have that problem too! i just had to get a new id, debit card, and recommend because who knows where it is!

Kipp and Ashlee said...

It's funny how kids like to get their hands on the important items... Kipp's nephew found his wallet once and threw it away- never to be seen again! So, if the pillows and closets turn up empty, check the garbage. What a pain to go through all the steps of shopping- for nothing!

Lindsey said...

Oh Meg I have done that too! Last week I locked my keys and cell phone in the car at the park. Good thing I was there with a friend!

Unknown said...

At least you have a baby to blame it on. I can only blame situations like that on my absent mindedness :(

Anonymous said...

Sorry Meg. That sounds so Ben-like. We would find the keys a week or so after they had gone missing in his toy box or in the sock basket or somewhere else at a 1 year old height.
N

Nan said...

I'm so sorry! What a pain! It is hard enough to get to the store once let alone twice! Maybe we should get Ethan his own little purse and fake credit cards.

robin said...

naughty little ethan, ditto on the garbage thing. that was caden's favorite hiding place too but thankfully it wasn't my wallet just my small kitchen apliances.