Saturday, May 10, 2008

Rules of the pool

Here are some of the seriously lame rules at my apartment's pool:

2. CHILDREN IN DIAPERS (it's in all caps like that) are not allowed in the pool.
Shouldn't we all be a little more concerned about swimming among the little kids without diapers?

6. All bathers must shower prior to entering the pool.
I know this is a common one, but has anyone ever followed this rule?

7. When using the pool, only greaseless suntan lotion should be used, rather than an oil-based lotion.
Can anyone tell me where I can get my hands on some grrreasy suntan lotion?

12. Smoking is permitted in the pool area.
Why is this in the rules? Aren't rules usually things you CANNOT do?

13. Spouting of water, expectoration, nose blowing in the pool, etc., are not allowed.
Ok, I stand behind this rule, but it's kind of funny.

14. BEACH BALLS, TOYS, WHEELED VEHICLES (yes, once again in all caps), etc. created safety hazards. For this reason, they are NOT PERMITTED.
Because we all know that TOYS are a lot more dangerous than SECOND-HAND SMOKE.

16. The use of musical instruments or radios, or other sound-emitting devices without earphones is not permitted in the pool area.
I love swimming with my earphones in.

17. Shirts or robes and appropriate foot wear must be worn to and from the pool area.
I would love to see the person(s) who inspired this rule.

The list goes on and on. It was the same last year and I made sure to break a few of those rules several times, so we'll see if I keep my pool pass the entire season this year.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this from Megan or Ryan? What about the no peeing in the pool rule?

Emilie said...

Those are ridiculous.

After last summer's crypto outbreak here in Utah, the health department is going nuts. It looks like babies will be in not only waterproof diapers this summer, but waterproof "swim pants." Check is out: http://hjnews.townnews.com/articles/2008/05/08/news/news02.txt

You can only imagine Charles interviewing someone about diarrhea, right?

Emilie said...

It doesn't look like my link worked in my comment above. Just do a Google news search for cryptosporidium + Utah.

mckenzie said...

okay that's hilarious! who are these people? i've never even heard some of these rules. it's those weird east-coast mentalities huh. i guess you're afraid of everything if you live in a scary place, it's so sad.

robin said...

I feel insired to type up a list of rules for my pool. Like swimsuits must be worn. Caden loves to "accidently" fall in and then skinny dip.

Monson Family Fitness said...

I hate rules! They only make them so people can break them...but some of those are just ridiculous!

Kipp and Ashlee said...

I'm impressed you read the rules! If they're going to add things you CAN do, they can't just stop at the smoking rule. If I were you, I would submit some more "Can do" rules... like... "People in their 20's can swim here", "People in their 30's can swim here", "Red swimsuits are allowed in pool area", "Purple swimsuits with polka dots are allowed in pool area", "Talking and breathing are allowed in pool, but not while under water"... you could probably come up with some more. I think people want to know more about what they can do!

Julie said...

we had a #17 offender in my court last summer, it wasn't pretty! The rule is appreciated!

Chelsea said...

Okay, so the Watsons win the prize for the most creative blog, but you two take the cake for the most hilarious (and often random) blog. I love it! You also win the award for the most comments. You are soooo popular =)

C.J. said...

Megan, yeah the crypto thing here in Logan was especially bad. I knew a couple of people who had it, so basically the rule is lame because it's not specific enough. It makes it sound like a baby with just his swim suit on is okay. The other rules are hilarious.

Ging is down in the Patagonia region today. Amazing. Did you ever check out the pics of our house on my blog. Your mom did a great job on plans.

Nan said...

I think you should submit this to your pool manager. Anonymously of course. It sure isn't a kid friendly pool. I'm surprised swimsuits are required. It sounds like they want it to be an adult, smoking hang out. These rules were meant to be broken.

Theurer Clan said...

Love the pool rules! I can't believe they allow smoking and not toys. Hello people!

Tauna said...

what kind of rules are these? Not kid friendly at all! I think I'd be breaking a few rules here and there too!