Friday, May 23, 2008

Us Megans and our hair

We go to a nearby park nearly every day and kids always come up to me and Ethan and introduce themselves or demand that we watch them walk up a slide or see what they made in the sandbox.

Yesterday, Ethan and I met Joaquin. He was a very sweaty little boy who spoke some words in English and some words in Spanish. He ran around with a little girl in a dress who couldn't say her R's.

"This is Megan," he introduced us to the little girl.

"Oh wow," I said to her, "Did you know that my name is Megan too?"

"Yes," she replied simply and without hesitation.

I sat for a second, then said, "How?"

"Because I saw your hair."

11 comments:

Chelsea said...

You've done it again. These last two posts had me busting up laughing. By the way, I'm a big fan of your parenting style =)

mckenzie said...

it makes you wonder what our children will be saying soon doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

Yep, it's the hair that determines the name!
N

Taryn said...

ha. that is a cute story!

Melanie said...

what a riot. I love your posts. they always entertain me

Monson Family Fitness said...

I LOVE KIDS...that's all I can say!

Erica said...

I love it! Kids are the best!

Kipp and Ashlee said...

Odd. I would've thought your name was Beatrice from the hair. Haha... joke for anyone reading this and saying "how rude". That's a funny/cute story. When are you coming to see us?!?

C.J. said...

That is so CUTE!!!

Katy said...

That is hilarious. Kids are so sweet.

Jeremy said...

What? Unreal. That is awesome.

Your everyday events make my life seems so boring by comparison.