Thursday, May 22, 2008

Saved by saved by the bell

Ethan wakes up at 7 a.m. That's much too early for me to wake up so I often ask Ryan to get the child. He has to get ready for work anyway. So I usually wake up at about 7:45 a.m. to find Ethan on the ground, propped against pillows, sipping on milk and intently viewing Saved By the Bell.

I know you are all wondering what kind of mother would leave babysitting responsibilities up to Zac Morris and A.C. Slater. Maybe not the best role models for a young, impressionable child? Well during today's episode Ethan learned something that may prove valuable to him in this world of high-rise apartments and elevators.

Today (well it was years ago; these are re-runs, of course) Zac safely delivered the baby of Mr. Belding's wife (a totally wimpy pusher who had the easiest delivery ever) in a broken down elevator.

Life lesson learned.

10 comments:

Jeremy said...

And who says there's nothing of value on TV?

Kipp and Ashlee said...

Who would ever doubt the role modelness (made that word up) of A.C. and Zac? Certainly not me. Ethan could also learn a lot about the danger of drugs (well, caffeine pills) in the episode where Jesse is "addicted" to them. Scary stuff.

M said...

Yes, Ashlee! We watched that one the other day. Jesse was all over the place.

mckenzie said...

there are important things out there. i just love that he actually sits and watches it. craig stands up to the tv when it's elmo and i'm thinking we might need glasses in the future. ; ) I can envision ethan now. you're very good at creating images. i see what you're saying.

Paul or Lindsay said...

Yes, I know the episode. (They throw a baby shower for Mrs. Belding and Jesse is afraid of earthquakes, then what do you know, an earthquake hits and breaks the elevator right when Mrs. Belding goes into labor...sad I know the entire plot line). Don't worry either, Sabrina watches The Brady Bunch nearly every day, and I let her! The video nanny can be a valuable tool!

Katy said...

I love Saved by the Bell!! When Chris and I first got married we didn't have cable, but we had all the seasons of Saved by the Bell on DVD. We watched them WAY too much. I probably shouldn't be telling people:)

"I'm so excited, I'm so excited, I'm. . . so . . . scared! sob, sob, sob"

Monson Family Fitness said...

Oh I love Saved By the Bell! Such an awesome show, I have a couple of the seasons on dvd, so I'll make sure that when I'm a parent that I show them to my children so they too can learn life lessons like Ethan!

Monson Family Fitness said...

Funny comment Katy! I just read that and know exactly what epi that came from! Poor Jesse!

Valerie said...

I think I've seen every episode of Saved by the bell! I loved that show growing up. Ethan's got good taste.

Julie said...

i have a story about dancing in a club with Mr. Belding He is a very bad man!