Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Insane weekend

I know you are all dying to read about my weekend ;-) so here is a little recap:

Friday night we decided to do what everyone else in the D.C. metro area decided to do - camp out on the Ellipse in front of the White House to get tickets for the White House Easter Egg Roll on Monday. We got there at 7 p.m. and were surprised to find the entire Ellipse already surrounded by tents. We pitched ours on a grassy area to the side of the Ellipse and were really concerned that we might be camping in vain since a SS guy told us our chance of getting tickets was iffy.

But we stuck it out and the fabulous ladies in my ward (and some friends in other wards) threw me a little birthday party. After braving freezing temperatures (I finally broke down and wore my sleeping bag as a coat); camping near a skull-crushing hammer-laden crazy lady who ended up sleeping in one of our tents; fighting off attempted line-butters (don't you dare mess with me at 4:30 a.m.); and bouncing between sleep deprivation and a sugar-induced coma, we got our tickets at 8 a.m!
I got home and decided to do nothing the entire Saturday.

We woke up Sunday morning and decided that our house was the messiest it had ever been.
Sunday afternoon we were invited to a little Easter party at The Haws' home. The food was delicious, the company superb and Ethan even enjoyed the Easter egg hunt (despite his unwillingness to walk).Monday was the White House Easter Egg Roll. It was fun to be on the lawn of the White House dancing to the music of the Jonas Brothers and getting photos with Clifford, the big red dog and Grover Cleveland. We're crossing our fingers that Ethan will choose to walk by this time next year, so he will be able to participate in the actual egg roll and hunt.
At the Jonas Brothers concert
Hanging with Mr. and Mrs. Grover Cleveland

14 comments:

Chellie said...

WOW, Megan that is totally awesome! You are one super cool chick! What a great experience you are having living in the DC area. You might as well live it to the fullest, right?

That looks so fun! And little Ethan is the cutest EVER!

P.S. you look so cold. It was 70 last night at about 11PM and I was debating to turn the heater on before I went to bed... :)

Nan said...

Good thing you are young w/ lots of energy! What a fun memory for you guys. I think that sounds so fun and the pictures are great. Ethan will be running and stealing eggs next year, you just wait!

Kipp and Ashlee said...

An Easter egg hun in front of the White House?!? How cool is that!!!?? I'm so excited to get to see all the neat D.C. stuff. I'm proud of you for braving the cold (and crazy people) to get a ticket!

Katy said...

That is so cool you were able to go to the White House for an egg hunt. I would sleep outside for that too. And don't worry Brian didn't walk until he was like 13 or 14 months. And now he's running. ENJOY it while he's still crawling.

Julie said...

i like that Elliot was able to make a cameo in that last pic!

Kallee said...

What a crazy weekend. Sounds like you did some serious camping...I'm glad you got the tickets. Your baby is a doll. We'll be moving to DC in just over a month. We'll have to get togehter.

robin said...

Sounds fun I totally would be camping with you if I was there! That's Awesome! you win for the best Easter weekend!!! I wanted to camp out for Hannah Montana tickets just to say I did it but Michelle didn't want to play along. I was sure I would win the next favorite Aunt contest.

robin said...

p.s. Dustin didn't walk until he was 15 months old. He walks fine now and is excellent in math, just in case you've heard that rumor, he does have a hard time with his r's though.

mckenzie said...

they look like cousins, craig and ethan i mean.

Emily King Family said...

Hey meg,

What's your e-mail address, i want to invite you to see my blog. I have it closed off. mine is emily.r.king@aggiemail.usu.edu

Thanks,
Emily King (Tracy)

By the way your little guy is adorable. You look so good.

MiandMiksmom said...

Are you kidding me???? I was watching it all on Fox News that day and was thinking that that is officially the funnest thing to do for Easter, and YOU DID IT! How awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Amber Lee said...

Hi, guys! I just wanted to pop in and say hello and let you know who I am, since I've never met Megan. I'm Amber Brunjes, but my mom is your Uncle Earl's daughter, Bev, and I used to live with my grandma and grandpa in Panguitch in the summers, including when Mike and Ryan did. Do you remember me, Ryan? Anyway, I linked into your blog from Mike and Michelle's and I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. You have a beautiful family, Ryan! That top picture of Ethan should be on billboards, and Megan is gorgeous!!!
www.brunjesbloggings.blogspot.com

Rebecca :-) said...

I was interested to read your blog. As a parent you may be interested in being part of a university study I'm involved with. It’s about how infants and children develop. It wouldn’t take much of your time, and it’s a great way to contribute to knowledge by reporting on your own experiences. For more details go to the following address after copying it into your browser window, www.babysleepstudy.org. Best wishes, Rebecca

Tauna said...

how fun! I would have camped out with you too! You guys are awesome- crazy -but awesome!! love all the pict. Ethan is so cute. yea.... next year it will be a whole new ball game with ethan running around. you'll love it though! So happy late easter. It looks like you guys had a good one.