Friday, September 14, 2007

Run-in with the law at our nation's Capital







Today, I was pulled over by a bicycle cop in a parking lot. If that's not the saddest statement ever, I don't know what is.

It all went down after Ethan and I went to the Botanical Gardens and the Capital with Julie and Elliot.

As we were driving through a parking lot right by the Capital, I had to hit my brakes when - out of nowhere - a man on a bicycle skids to a stop sideways right in front of me. Then a large bus with a the word "POLICE" across it screeched to a stop on the side of me - like they were boxing me in, like they thought my car had a bomb in it and there was no possible way that they would let me pass. It all made me feel like I needed to step out of the car with my hands up or something. Then the bicycle cop commanded me to go the other way, so I started to. He then yelled, "Stop!" So I did.

"I'm just trying to turn around," I told the scowling man.

"License and registration, please."

So I got my license out and he asked me if I knew why he had pulled me over.

"I have no idea." I was being completely honest.

"You were driving on the wrong side of the road."

In a freaking parking lot, I thought.

I got off without a ticket for driving on the wrong side of the road IN A PARKING LOT.

It was a fun day, otherwise, and we got some pretty awesome pictures of the little ones.

8 comments:

Laura Lu said...

okay megs, Ethanopia is the most adorble thing yet. I still can't get over those rolls. Your little fam is so dang cute. By the way I've read all the Twilight series! If you have too, then we need to talk!

shamers said...

mookie's daddy entitles these photos "ethanopia goes to congress."

mckenzie said...

I can't wait to see that little dude again. Those faces are cracking me up!

Julie said...

It's all true and I can vouch, I love the re-telling, you nailed it on the head. You should write for a living...wink wink

The Roe Family said...

that is a dang funny story mike and i were cracking up. it totally sounds like something that would happen to me. little ethan is so cute we miss you guys.

robin said...

that first photo is great. he is such a little poser.

The Roe Family said...

that first pic of ethan looks just like all the faces ryan was pullin on our wedding video;)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like someone needs to write some Capitol Hill 911...