Thursday, July 24, 2008

I'm trying real hard to be on your side, Project Runway

There are a few things that didn't survive past the 90s (and for good reason):
You should see her now.
Those creepy Furbys were definitely a short-term fad.
If you didn't own a pair of Girbauds you did not exist in the 90s.
They tried to make a comeback with their 1998 hit "Cruel Summer," but record sales just couldn't top "The Sign's" success.
I got one of these in every Arctic Circle happy meal I purchased.
And finally, the one-sleeved asymmetrical mini-dress with lace-up sides.

But wait! This monstrosity earned Stella a spot in the top three on last night's episode of Project Runway. That's right, I typed "top three," not "bottom three." I was sure this unsightly cocktail dress would send the hard-edged 42-year-old Cher look-alike home. I have no clue what Heidi Klum, Michael Kors and Nina Garcia were thinking. You could tell guest judge Natalie Portman was not a huge fan of this design, but I guess she didn't have much of a say. The real bottom three were pretty hideous, but don't you agree this dress is straight out of the 90s?

7 comments:

Candice said...

Oh I just love that show!!! Yes her dress was horrible! But you have to admit others were worse. Stella, well she has sure been lucky both weeks! She won't last much longer.

Katy said...

I'm definitely not a fan of the dress.

mckenzie said...

well we've had an 80's come back, i mean those ugly sunglasses of tom cruise are back so what did you expect? there is always a return of the hideous, if only for a split second.

Julie said...

that dress is heinous on many differnt levels, much like its designer, leatherface!

Paul or Lindsay said...

Um yeah...lace up sides! I was certain they called her out there to rip her a new one. Maybe I'm just an old house mom now though.

Outnumbered said...

ha! youre hilaious! i totally hate the dress. i have yet to see the first episode of PR. :(

JEM said...

Wow. Such animosity toward asymmetry. I had no idea. Personally, I dug it. I thought she looked like a superhero.

But then again, I'm an idiot.