Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Party!






Even Ryan, who has spent most of his life pooh-poohing big birthday extravaganzas, admitted how excited he felt on Ethan's first birthday. And though almost everyone has a first birthday, it was definitely monumental for our little Ethan to turn 1!

We had a family party for him, where he enjoyed eating green (only food-coloring they had at the Harris Teeter) frosting and playing with his awesome new toys. He laughed when my parents called him to sing "Happy Birthday" and beamed when we sang it to him again before I blew out his candle (which took me several tries).

I decorated some very awful-looking cupcakes (I decided not to post that photo) that made us all feel like we were at a St. Patty's Day party. No one (except Ethan) touched them. The second batch looked a little better (last photo) but made us all feel like we might be at a little girl's party.

So the party was great! The dessert - not so hot.

8 comments:

MiandMiksmom said...

The cupcakes are fabulous, and at least you have a story to tell with them. Happy Birthday Ethan! So cute!

Unknown said...

Yay! We love baby eethers!

Katy said...

He is so cute Megan. And I think the cupcakes turned out great. Good idea with the blueberries.

robin said...

PARTY HARD ETHAN!!! Looks like fun and the cupcakes are look scrumptious. Aren't blueberries brain food? Good thinking because those puzzle toys are harder than they look.

Nan said...

Our grocery store gives babies a whole free cake for their 1st birthday that they can just dive into. Looks like Ethan was ready for a mess! Cute cupcakes. You are very creative. Happy Birthday ETHAN!!!

Lindi said...

Happy B-day Ethan!!! I hope he enjoyed your cute cupcakes!

mckenzie said...

looks yummy to me! at least they weren't pink.

Tauna said...

Happy b-day ETHAN! I can't believe he's 1 all ready. time flies. He is soooo cute. give him b-day kisses for me