Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Bobblehead

"Look at his head! He has an enormous head," were the first words out of Dr. Elliott's lips as he delivered Ethan.



Well one year and a few days later, we heard a very similar phrase from another doctor, his pediatrician.

While Ethan's body has become more normal - he is now 50th percentile in both weight and height (he used to be 99th in weight) - his head continues to amaze us. It is in the 91st percentile.

We're thinking that Baby Einstein video (ahem-babysitter) is really doing its job ;).

6 comments:

mckenzie said...

he looks so smart!

Katy said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that loves baby einstein. It's a life saver. And his head looks perfect to me. Maybe that's because I'm used to Brian's head and it's always been big compared to his body and weight. I think it's cute.

Chellie said...

So cute! Scarlet has a really small head and if you look at her, you don't think... wow, she has a small head. Just like Ethan... you wouldn't look at him and think it's big! He's perfect!!
That is funny though... I'm sure the last thing you want to hear as you are having a baby is that his head is big! :)

MiandMiksmom said...

He's so cute! I think his head is perfect...and IF it is big, well then, he really is just supporting that genius brain of his. My girls still watch Baby Einstein...love it!

robin said...

Caden and Jake have worn the same size baseball cap for a couple of years now. Big head = Smart kid. (I bought Caden a baby Jazz cap when he was born and it never fit him, then Brennen's friend came over and put it on and I thought that kid has a tiny head.)

Nan said...

I'm not sure if big head = smart. Just look at Tommy! JK! But we know Ethan will be a smartie pants, just look at his genes!