Tuesday, February 12, 2008

First time playing tag

When I started this blog, I decided that I didn't want to respond to tags. I would begin filling in the blanks of tags, but as I wrote in "5 things about me" or "4 places I have lived" I realized that my life is uber-boring. I just didn't have anything new to report about myself. And it's really hard for me to pick a favorite of anything. I love a lot of things.
But Carole, a good friend and woman who helped raise me through middle and high school, tagged me the other day and I decided that I should just get over it and PLAY TAG!

So if you are totally over the whole tag thing, just skip over this post. Otherwise, here is a little bit about my exciting self:

Four jobs I have had in my life:
1. Tele-surveyor at Western Watts for two weeks
2. Bagger/Checker at Macey's Food and Drug
3. Cleaning lady
4. Reporter at The Herald Journal

Four movies you would watch over and over:
1. About a Boy
2. Mansfield Park
3. Stranger Than Fiction
4. Raising Arizona

Four places you have lived:
1. River Heights, Utah
2. Wellsville, Utah
3. Logan, Utah
4. Arlington, Va.

Four TV Shows that I watch:
1. Project Runway
2. The Office
3. Chuck
4. I just watched the last two episodes of "Lost" and am embarrassed to report that I got chills. So I think I might start watching that (though it might be at the same time as "The Office," now that the writer's strike is over - is it?)

Four places you have been:
1. Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
2. Kirtland, Ohio
3. Alberta, Canada. That trip was beautiful and really cool, though my parents would never know I thought that because I was in those weird teenage years and had, well, let's just call it an episode after a 13-hour drive with my 6-member family in a cramped mini-van.
4. Playa del Carmen, Mexico

People who email me (regularly):
1. Rachel (good friend)
2. Shane (good friend and visiting teacher extraordinaire)
3. I get a quarterly update from my aunt Leslie
4. My dad always sends forwards ;)

Four of my favorite foods:
1. Crab cakes
2. Anything Thai
3. Cafe Rio (I know, you Utah people are rolling your eyes right now. I have to admit, I got really sick of it when I lived there. But there is nothing even close to that here and I often crave the coconut shrimp tacos and pork barbecoa burrito or salad. And it's just not the same when I make it.)
4. French toast at Carlyle. It is heaven.

Four places I would rather be right now:
1. Ohhhh Mexico
2. I've always wanted to go to Greece.
3. Asleep in bed
4. New York City

Things you are looking forward to this year:
1. Ethan walking and talking
2. Ryan passing his CPA exams!
3. Going on vacation (I have a few places I'm pushing, but no concrete plans yet.)
4. Visiting family in Utah

I tag my sister, McKenzie.

11 comments:

mckenzie said...

ha ha ha funny. i think you're VERY interesting. and i've known you all my life.

robin said...

Good stuff Megan and I've always wanted to visit Greece also. Maybe we can get Jake and Ryan to take us?

Tauna said...

only two weeks at western watts?! that fun huh;) I stuck it out a little longer than you did...
I'm glad you did this, i learned more about you!!!

by the way.... matthew loves the basketball shoes! they are sweet, thanks!

MiandMiksmom said...

Oh, I loooove Lost! You need to rent the first two seasons and watch them and you will absolutely be hooked.

Good luck on the CPA exam (to Ryan and to you for having to put up with the stress)...so rough, but so worth it!

Jeremy said...

Funny-I've been trying to indoctrinate Hallie with Raising Arizona and she's never caught on and I can't comprehend why. Maybe you could let her know how amazing and classic that movie is!

Nan said...

Fun stuff! Cleaning lady isn't quite the term that described what you did, is it? There has got to be a more glamorous name for it...but my head is dead.

Were some of those movies even out when you were born? JK!

Katy said...

I love reading things about people so thanks for sharing. You have to start watching Lost! It's soooo good. I will be bummed if it's on at the same time as the Office. But I think it might be one hour after. Don't quote me though.

Emilie said...

You haven't always watched Lost, have you? Did I really miss out on talking to you about Lost when we worked together? Sounds like you just started watching. Well, I could really use someone here to talk to about the show. Why are you so far away?

Rachel said...

Hey, I like your tagged post! I also love the bowling picture. Shiloh's been talking about bowling ever since we missed it. I've got a long weekend -- we should hang out!!

Paul or Lindsay said...

I have never met another person who has the same love for About A Boy that I do. That is the best movie ever!! Loved the comment about the episode on the family vacation too. I had many of those.

C.J. said...

HURRAH! I finally checked your blog to see if you ever responded to my tag, and I was ever so happy to read that yes you had. We have a few things in common. Except for Mansfield Park, which I can't remember, I LOVED your favorite movies. I also love Chuck--what a funny show. And I'm so glad the writer's strike is over. I hope they gave them everything they deserve. Life is Good!