Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Sunny and 70


My sister recently posted about the weather in Logan, Utah. She titled it "Balmy 47" which made me laugh. But seriously, that is really awesome weather for a January in Cache Valley, a place where - forgive me for the awful visual - you usually feel your nose hairs freeze up when you walk outside during winter.

So I thought I'd post about our weather too (I'm sorry McKenzie, I'm in a better world right now). It is January 8, and it was in the low 70s this afternoon. We played at the park for hours (yes, that's Ethan in a T-shirt) and enjoyed the rays. It was a lovely day.

My day turned sour (a little too literally) when I dropped the Prego on the kitchen tile and the red sauce bubbled out all over. Ryan cleaned that up (what a wonderful husband). Minutes later, I knocked a large bottle of balsamic vinegar off the counter with my elbow. It exploded as it, too, hit the floor and glass and vinegar shot across the room. It took me over an hour to clean the mess up and now our entire apartment smells like sour vinegar.

And finally, the paperwhites bloomed!

12 comments:

Outnumbered said...

oh no! i'm sorry! those flowers are georgeous!!!

mckenzie said...

great pic meg. I'm sooooooooo jealous, because now it's snowing and it's supposed to for days then get really cold. ps. Ryan has an interview with Harvard in February, so pray hard and we might be within 7 hours of eachother. : )

shamers said...

i think we should have just stayed outside all day. my front stoop is covered with macaroni, and julie shook the salad all over the kitchen floor. :)
ethan looks so hot in a tshirt.
outside playing all day and i didn't take a single photo! can you believe it???

Katy said...

Wow, great weather. Ethan looks so much like Ryan in that picture and he's gotten so much bigger from when I last saw him. He's a doll!

robin said...

bummer about the messes. hate to be a one-upper but when its 70 in vegas i put on a jacket. it was 50 today and we had our fireplace on.

C.J. said...

Hi Megan! I searched for your blog after reading about it via the Herald Journal this morning. This is from Ginger's mom. (I use my author/maiden name) She is down in Argentina doing well. An update on Cache Valley January weather--it's now 17% and there's a whole bunch of fresh snow on the ground. I'm happy you're doing so well.

Nan said...

Wow, I have those messy days all the time. I finally just give up and order out. Hope none of it hit the carpet!
Great weather! We woke up to a huge storm this morning! It's coming your way.

JaCee said...

what cute flowers! i love them. we haven't been in snow for a few years, and yes you're nose hairs freeze.

Chellie said...

I'm with Robin... when it's 70, it's nice, but still sweater/jacket weather!
However, it was 76 on Friday and I let the boys run around in t-shirts. :)
Ethan is so cute! I see Ryan all over him!
Lovely flower... oh how I wish I could keep something alive!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! That is so sad and hilarious! :(. That sounds like something that would happen to me. I loved how you ended your post on a positive note though! The flowers look delightful!

Paul or Lindsay said...

I hate you. (Just the jealousy speaking!) It is currently 20 degrees outside, and I nearly died from slipping on the ice earlier today.

Hallie said...

I love your posts meg! and sorry about the kitchen troubles!