Thursday, January 24, 2008

Blech - another super long blog entry


Warning: you may not enjoy reading this entry if you have a weak stomach.

Last night Ethan and I attended a Relief Society function at our local Noodles & Co. (blech). I started to eat my pesto cavatappi and noticed that it was quite dry and not as good as it used to be. But I ate it anyway. Ethan kept reaching for my plate, so I gave him a few noodles to try.

Nearing the end of our party, I began to feel a little nauseous. I thought it might be because, at that point, I was walking around visiting with other women with a 23-pound baby in my arms and 3 1/2-inch heels on my feet. That can always make you dizzy. But after I sat down again, I still felt odd. My friend Rachel inquired upon my meal and I told her it wasn't so hot, but I couldn't complain because it was quite inexpensive.

Well now I'm complaining.

I felt absolutely horrible when I reached my apartment. Ryan was still in class so I quickly put Ethan to bed and laid on the couch. Suddenly, my mouth filled with warm saliva and I knew that I needed to get to the toilet fast. I ran and pulled up the lid just in time for my pesto cavatappi and a pizza I had eaten earlier in the day to slide right back out. I felt a lot better for about 10 minutes. I drank some water and ate a few fruit snacks.

Then I heard Ethan cough. Then I heard him spew.

I ran into his room to find him covered in puke that looked a lot like mine. I stripped him down and tried to clean him off the best I could, but I was feeling terrible at this point and couldn't do much other than hold him. We watched T.V. for a while while he drank some water. Of course, he vomited again, but this time on the carpet. I felt so wretched that I crawled over to grab some napkins and just put them on top of the mess and hoped some of it would absorb.

I pulled the second pair of pjs off of him. We continued to lose all that was in our stomachs. At one point, Ethan had just thrown up all over me and I started to vomit into a nearby bucket. He was screaming and covered in nastiness, but I couldn't help because I just kept puking.

Ryan walked in to see this calamity and SAVED THE DAY. He gave Ethan a bath, cleaned up the vomit that covered countless towels, the carpet, the sheets and everything we had touched. He talked to the doctor, rocked Ethan to sleep, then slept by our son the rest of the night. That left me to wallow in misery in the entire bed. He stayed home from work for much of the day today to give me some time to sleep it off. He is such a wonderful husband and father.

I think together, Ethan and I spewed at least 12 times. We are feeling a little better today (minus our loss of appetites and achiness all over) but that won't stop us from tarnishing the name of Noodles & Company!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

I new that pasta had BAD written all over it! Especially when no one wanted it...

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!! I feel soo bad. This definitely means no more Noodles for the New Member Dinner (maybe it was a blessing)!

shamers said...

had i read this earlier i might have canceled our vt appointment tomorrow morning! but i will just say a prayer for you and hope you're feeling all better by tomorrow morning. and maybe i'll bring some cookies. :)

Katy said...

Megan I am so sorry. That is the worst. I hope you get feeling better.

Paul or Lindsay said...

Oh my goodness! I am glad you gave this warning. I used to frequent that place. NO MORE!

Monson Family Fitness said...

Throwing up is the pits! I'm so sorry that you and your baby had to go through that at the same time! I'm sorry! Wishing you a happier dining experience from now on!

Outnumbered said...

what a great husband! glad you're feeling better today.

Jeremy said...

Shoot! I like that place, but may think twice before going there next time!

Nan said...

I've walked into that place once and walked right back out. Just didn't look appetizing. Sorry it was so bad. Too bad Ryan didn't come home earlier but how nice for him to clean it all up. Good job Brew!

Valerie said...

Oh Megan what a horrible night you had. I can only imagine what that would have been like. I'm thinking I'm glad I was to tired to go that night.

Tauna said...

aaahhhh, meg that's awful. what a nightmare, I envisioned in my mind while I was reading and I'll tell you what... It wasn't a pretty sight! husbands are the best when they walk in the door from work at the right moment. the best time of the day!
hey, thanks for the comment on my last post. you nailed it on the head, because that is one thing I look forward to the most, (we've probably all ready told you this?!) is to have that first conversation with him. that will be a great moment.
well hope your feeling better and I love and miss ya!

MiandMiksmom said...

You poor, poor thing! I hope you are okay now!

the rutledge's- said...

Meg- hope you are feeling better. Love ya. -Ashley

S&F Seminario said...

I just had to come say that this was one of the best stories! I am sorry for your horrible experience but you really captured it well! Your boy is adorable.

Unknown said...

Megan,
You were so sweet to come over and visit to Candus, all the while you're feeling SICK! I am so sorry! Did anyone else eat the Pesto? Have you called Noodles & Co. about it? They should know!

Jason said...

i am so sorry that you guys got sick, food poisoning is the worst! Though i am pleased that we might get to try somewhere else for NMD next time!