Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Uprooted

While I was shopping at Costco today, Ryan called to ask how the weather looked. He was considering hitting some range balls after work.

"It's sunny," I assured him.

I walked out of Costco to clapping thunder and pouring rain. Ryan called to tell me that the power was out at work and all he could see out of the windows of his high-rise office building were black clouds.

Then I happened upon this:




This sizable tree is about 100 yards away from our apartment.

And now we are under a "tornado watch." I've been watching and there is hardly a breeze right now so I'm not too worried.

8 comments:

mckenzie said...

holy cow! at moments like that i'm very pleased to live in boring weather utah.

Kipp and Ashlee said...

You went to Costco yesterday?

Monson Family Fitness said...

Woah, that's crazy! Just even thinking of tornado's freaks me out! I'm glad you're ok and that you're getting your pool passes!

Outnumbered said...

that was a wickid storm. We stayed in our basement most of it. I'm glad that tree stayed away from your apartment!

Nan said...

Yeah, you get the pool pass! That is funny.

Weather sounds exciting. This is one rainy summer for us too. But it will probably be in the high nineties when you come and we'll be wishing for rain.

Julie said...

insane! I am glad to hear that you are all well!

Roxie said...

ohh how scary, Hows the weather now? I hope its calmed down.

MiandMiksmom said...

That is crazy. I swear tornadoes are the scariest thing ever. We had quite the adventure with one when my parents were visiting. Those pictures are crazy!!!!