Monday, June 9, 2008

Surprise cupcakes

As per Raelynn's request, here is my favorite cupcake recipe:

Mix and set aside:
1 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 egg
1/3 c. sugar
a pinch of salt
6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips

In a separate bowl, make a devil's food cake mix according to instructions on the box (I know, that's cheating).

In cupcake cups:
Fill half full with cake batter
Spoon 1/2 T. of cream cheese filling on top of cake batter
Cover the filling with more batter

Bake at 375* for 15-20 minutes.

Cool and then frost with this:

Mix:
1 8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 c. butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 lb. powdered sugar

12 comments:

Chellie said...

YUM! I may just have to whip up a batch of those!

Raelynn said...

Megan - THANK YOU!!! My mouth is already watering.....

Outnumbered said...

i'm glad you are sharing. those were amazing!

The Bertagna's said...

Oh my, I had one of your cupcakes at Rachels one time and they were amazing. I think I ended up eating two, thanks for the recipe!

shamers said...

awesome! we'll be making those soon... maybe for emma's birthday next week!

Paul or Lindsay said...

I WILL be trying these! It was great to see you at church. We need to go do something sometime. My pool DOES allow swim diapers so we're in luck!

the rutledge's- said...

Hey Meg- I will have to give these a try. Thanks for the recipe!

Hallie said...

wow these sound amazing I will have to make them soon!

Megan said...

Megan, you don't know me (but I went to high school with your husband). Anyway, I just ran across your blog. We are living in Falls Church for the summer. Do you have any suggestions for things to do with kids around the area?

-Megan Ward

Nan said...

Yummy, maybe you should just bake some when you come out. Even with the cake mix it is too much work for me. ha! I'll let me girls give it a try. Thanks for the recipe!

Tauna said...

these sound way yummy- thanks megan! I'll have to try these sometime.

Megan said...

Meg - it's so good to see your cute family! Looks like you are having so much fun out east! Yea, I will put you on my email list. Warning though, I am not the best blogger!