Thursday, April 3, 2008

Life of Ryan: take two

Today is Ryan's 26th birthday! In honor of his special day I have decided to let you know more about the man we affectionately call Ryno:

* Ryan LOVES country music, especially the classic, 90s country music. This is why I keep having to skip over songs by Travis Tritt and Keith Whitley on my ipod.

* He often "retires" certain dishes that I choose to make often for dinner. If you ever feel a craving for chicken roll-ups or Parmesan chicken, don't come knocking on our door because I am not allowed to make them - ever again. ;-)

* He is the fastest ten-keyer in the commonwealth of Virginia (so they've never actually had a ten-key competition, but if they did, Ryan would win it).

* He is an accountant, but I recently found out he is also a great writer. Very well-rounded.

* He thinks he could run a marathon without training a day.

* He received every grown-man's dream gift this morning when he opened the Wii that I finally found - thanks to my sister - after searching for months for one.

* He has no free time to play his Wii. He works until 4:30 p.m., eats dinner, goes to class or studies at 6 p.m., then comes home or finishes studying at 10 p.m.

* He would much rather watch a Jazz game on the television than go to a party.

* He acts like he doesn't remember how to play Runs and Bunches every time we play, then he always goes on to win it.

* He always wants to be the one to get Ethan when he wakes up in the morning.

* He tells the funniest stories when he gets home from work every day. I always look forward to hearing them.

* He often has dilemmas with his hair and recently said that he can't wait until he goes bald (thanks to his brothers, we know it will happen sometime soon). I bet I'm the first and last wife to hear that.

Ethan says Happy Birthday Dad!

16 comments:

Candice said...

Meg so good to catch up with your family! Your little boy looks like he is so fun. I am glad you guys have so much fun in D.C. Check out my blog candicehansen.blogspot

Taryn said...

oh 90's country is the absolute best! he must be a man of great taste! :)

Katie Davis said...

Sounds just like the Ryan we know! Is he also obsessed with 'Long necked bottle' like Mike? I was introduced to that song by him- I would guess it runs in the family! Ryan's schedule sounds like TJ's- I am hating the night school but we know a master's degree is needed, right? Maybe I'll start calling you on the weekends! Love the pic of Ethan! Miss ya Meg!

MiandMiksmom said...

Okay, the "retired dish" is absolutey hilarious!!!!

Unknown said...

Yay! Happy Birthday Ryan. Awesome gift Megan! This does sound exactly like Ryan. He is so funny.

mckenzie said...

happy birthday ryan! hope you love your wii! we'll send you our used up games when you need a new one.

Julie said...

Happy Birthday Ryan! I almost busted my gut to read that you retire dishes! HILARIOUS!

Benjamin M. said...

Ryan, I am really jealous that you type fast, and a little jealous that you got a weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Happy Your Day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. You are even cooler than we thought!
J & N

Monson Family Fitness said...

that was an awesome post! loved hearing all about Ryan....wish him happy birthday for me! i'm so jealous about the wii!

Nan said...

When you discover you have no time for your wii ever, send it our way!
Retired dishes? Wow, this coming from a boy who grew up on speghetti, cowboy delight, breakfast for dinner & maybe a couple of other dishes. We never had a great variety. Wait until the kids get older. Then you basically cook for them & Ryan will just suck it up... like frozen lasagna.
Happy Birthday Brewskie! We had a big party for you at our house but no cake, just cookies. Mom & Dad just left and are probably about 45 minutes to their home sweet home!

Chellie said...

Happy Birthday Ryan!!

He totally looks like Superman.

robin said...

Happy Birthday Brew!!!! You may need a lesson from Jake on dinners. You just sit down eat and say thanks and then sneak some pop tarts or a pb sandwich later. Megan your so good to put up with him hope we didn't ruin him too bad for you. (he was our baby) He is hilarious and the superman cape totally took me back, he use to dress up all the time when he was little. If you need any help with your wii games give Brennen a call. He's helped many a man, or primary boy, out of a level that they thought they would have to stay in forever. They call him the Zelda master!
John still has hair yours might survive.

Kipp and Ashlee said...

And those pictures of him... uhhh... flying?...show his personality well. I reminded Kipp on Wednesday that Ryan's birthday was the next day, so he better have called him!

I, too, know how it feels to regularly skip the country songs on my iPod that Kipp put on there. I think we could start a support group.

Roger That said...

So funny! Ryan is such a cracy up. TIffany, my little sister, and I where just talking about the days with Ryan at RCIS. He was so gang funny I think I peed my pants like every. Happy Birthday to RYAN! Young buck 26!

JaCee said...

you are such a cute wife! wish i knew him :)