Thursday, April 10, 2008

Almost there


Everyone has a story of a baby they have had or that they know who didn't walk until he/she was 14-20 months old. And they always tell me that story after I explain to them that my 14-month-old isn't walking yet.

I know, I really shouldn't mention the fact that despite all of Ethan's extremely athletic genes ;-) (stop thinking about my inability to play sports) he still isn't walking. And I know right this minute you are all thinking of how I shouldn't be discouraged and lose all hope of future Olympic glory.

But seriously, I kind of feel like I need to constantly mention the fact that my toddler is still a quadruped because I guess I'm a little insecure about it. So when progress happens, I'm going to let everyone in on it.

Ethan now stands up for several seconds at a time without holding on to anything! I keep trying to catch it on video and he decides to do something else by the time I finally get my camera out. Here is the tail end of one of Ethan's no-hands moments. I wish you could have seen the whole thing. We are so proud of him and just pray one day he'll decide to take a step alone.

6 comments:

mckenzie said...

he looks so old! i just keep remembering him face planting when ryan put him on the floor thinking he could sit up on his own. he's a genius! i love all his words too. so funny and fun.

Anonymous said...

He is so cute and who cares if he never walks (j.k.) Love, J & N

robin said...

Take it from me who had a baby who walked at 8 months and one that waited till he was 15 months old. Enjoy it while it last because before you know it he will be all over the place and out of sight in 1 second flat!!! But I also feel your pain because it is hard to lug a tunker around. Then next thing you know your hugging your little boy who is almost as tall as you...sob...sob.

Valerie said...

Cute video. Love the clapping. I know how you feel about the little bit of progress. I'm feeling the same way with Sophia and her crawling (or should I say lack there of :)

MiandMiksmom said...

I know everyone gives you advice on it, but Mikayla didn't even CRAWL until she was 12 months (right on her birthday), let alone walk, and I remember being a little stressed about it even though I promised myself I wouldn't be because Amelia didn't crawl until 11 mo. and didn't walk until 13 mo. It still stressed me out though, and I even bought a bigger baby sling to carry her around in. He's just focusing on other things...he'll be a genius!

Chellie said...

Babies are all different and they all catch up with each other! To tell you the truth, I hope Scarlet doesn't start walking any time soon! My boys walked by their first birthday and Scarlet is standing on her own now.... I don't even want her to take a first step... so enjoy it!