Thursday, December 20, 2007

The human disposal


Things I have found in or approaching Ethan's mouth:

- Paper, paper and more paper. I usually find that when I hear him choking on something and stick my finger in to find out what it is.

- Tags. He always searches out the tags on toys and sticks them in his mouth.

- Books. Who doesn't love the taste of books? He only gets to read under parental supervision now.

- Cords. Mmmm, electricity.

- My earrings. He is always trying to pull them off of me. Today I noticed him putting one in his mouth (don't ask me how he got it) and when I grabbed it I found the other one inside.

- The child safety plug. A little ironic? It is supposed to stick in the outlet so we can avoid electric shock, but he somehow (yes, again somehow) found a lose one and stuck the entire thing in his mouth.

- A nail. Yes, I might be getting a visit from DCPS after this one. I turned around the other day to see him sticking something in his mouth. I yelled, "No, no Ethan," and he pulled it away from his mouth for a moment, but then pushed it back toward the slobbery abyss. I ran and took it away. It was a nail that had been holding a cable to the baseboard. I think he pulled it out of the wall.

8 comments:

RiBI said...

that's so funny. Craig is always putting the tags and paper in his mouth. he's not mobile enough for the other stuff yet. i found paper in his diaper the other day. i have a feeling my cleaning skills are going to have to bump up a couple of notches because he's one of those kids who wants to play with EVERYTHING around him.

mckenzie said...

that was me sorry didn't know I was on ryan's

robin said...

We use to find crayons in Ryan's diaper. Makes for interesting diaper changes. But remember he is just exploring and what better way to discover what something is then to taste it?

Julie said...

Elliot totally loves putting the electric cords in her mouth as well, she also loves the little outlet covers. Its weird for her since she used to never put anything in her mouth. Kids! though her most favorite new thing to put in her mouth is Scout's peanut butter crusted kong- nasty!

NMMaughan said...

Ryan, crayons in your diaper? Interesting.

Valerie said...

Reading this post made me laugh. Sounds like you can't leave him alone even for a second. Oh the things I have to look forward to. Have a great Christmas. I'll see ya in a couple weeks.

Theurer Clan said...

The never-ending battle! I'm sure we will all survive! I love the shot by the D.C. temple! Beautiful!

MiandMiksmom said...

Hilarious! I think you have a very curious kid!