Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Monster vacation

I've finally joined the rest of the human world in reading the "Twilight" series by Stephenie Meyers. I was planning on visiting with family and friends and doing a little light reading of "Hetty" while visiting Utah, but my mom insisted that I read "Twilight."
"This is a serious page-turner," she said, "You won't be able to put it down."
Thanks to my mom, I have spent most of the vacation rolled up on a couch reading. I've enjoyed every minute of it.
So I started reading it in Bear Lake and my already sleep-deprived self became even more zombie-like as I sacrificed sleep for reading. I feel stupid saying that I was totally captivated by vampire love.
As my luck would have it, my mom had lent out the copy of the sequel "New Moon" before I ever started reading "Twilight." The minute I finished the first book I called the gal who borrowed it, but she had lent it to someone else. So I called that someone else and she believed so-and-s0 had it now. After trying to track it down by calling two-thirds of the homes in Wellsville, I finally gave up. It nearly killed me to have to wait three days until my aunt Wendy came up to Cache Valley with her copy. Of course, I read it in two days. "Eclipse" only came out last week. I read my mom's copy first. She hasn't even been able to touch it. I bet she's excited for me to go home.
I just barely finished it and am having issues with closure. I don't think I got that from the book and am not looking forward to waiting a year for it. But it was very entertaining up until it was cut short.
If someone hasn't already told you (you meaning any female with half a heart) that you have to read these books (however very unlikely that may be) I'll tell you now: READ THEM!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know Meg. After that description, I think I should wait until I have nothing else to do!

Laura Lu said...

Okay meg, yep that is my new all time fav. I litterly could not put the book down. My house went to pot in one day. I just let the kids do what ever they wanted. To be perfectly honest I haven't quite finished cause Joshua is sick, but I am counting down the seconds until he is not so needy. We had a blast w/ you guys too. Give that little Ethan a hug for me. Take care ~Lars

The Roe Family said...

the ending of the last book just didn't satisfy my needs. what the heck about jacob(i'm trying not to give anything away) and i'm totally in love with edward. i think i might have to read the books again.