Monday, September 1, 2008

TMI - but I can't resist

Ever haphazardly sent an embarrassing text message to your in-laws? Well now Ryan can check that off his list of "100 things I hope to never do before I die."

Tonight, while on a run to Target to pick up some supplies - including some boxer briefs for Ryan - my dad called me. He told me that he received a text message from Ryan. He was perplexed because it was sent to his land line so it came in the form of a computer voice sounding out the words with incorrect inflections. He was also confused by the message, which he insists he didn't understand. It was clear the text was meant for my cell phone.

The computer had unabashedly read aloud these words to my father: "Don't forget my whitey-tighteys."

11 comments:

Kipp and Ashlee said...

That's pretty funny. Weird that it came through as a voice message! I'm just glad there weren't any pictures with this post. Then that might be crossing the TMI line.

Julie said...

AWESOME! this is exactly why I loving hanging out with you guys!

mckenzie said...

those are important items that should not be forgot. :) i just love that it went to dad.

robin said...

Jake was thinking of a couple of other texts that could be worse. Yep, it could have been worse. I didn't know you could send text messages to a land line. Let me know if it costs more.

Theurer Clan said...

That's awesome! I love your blog, you always leave posts that make me laugh! Thanks for the ha, has! It definitely could have been a worse message coming from your spouse. Thankfully it was about his underwear and not yours!

Outnumbered said...

hahaha!!! that is hilarious! i love it!!!

Nan said...

I laughed out loud. I bet Ryan is a little more careful next time.

Tauna said...

seriously so funny. thanks for the laugh! ha ha ha
i love it!

Unknown said...

Awesome blog!

Roxie said...

sooo funny!

The Roe Family said...

way too funny. so mike was saying something about you guys flying to vegas this winter. i totally think you should. we're sick of going to slc for every vacation so i think we'll be staying home for thanksgiving and christmas.