Thursday, November 8, 2007

GIVE ME A G-double-O-D MORNING


When Ethan began stirring at around 5 a.m., Ryan stuck out his hand to me. It was as if, with that gesture, he was saying, "I'm sorry that you have to get up with that child and by giving you my hand, I'm trying to show that I care." I laughed, but then took his hand and gave it a little shake.

I pushed my down comforter back and stepped onto a noisy toy that turned me back around to the bed. Ryan's hand was still in the air, palm up like I had something that was his and he wanted it back.

And then he said, "Just give me the pom-poms."

He would only be a cheerleader in his wildest dreams.

10 comments:

mckenzie said...

was he really dreaming or just being ryan?

Julie said...

i love it! Jason totally talks in his sleep and they are some of my fave memories. Ryan as a cheerleader now that would be quite a sight! but the question is does he have the legs for it?

Katie Davis said...

That is hilarious! Were you dying?? Tell him thanks for the good laugh! Does Ethan really get up at 5? That little devil!

The Roe Family said...

thats funny...i can picture it. chase gets up at 5 too so i feel ya and last night was the first time he slept through the night. so i have a problem looking at everybodys blogs and i happened to notice one of you friends is related to my cousin(kinda like a my sister knows someone who knows someone but oh well)the England's...ask them about Becca (Hunter) England that is my cousin her pic is on their blog the one about a birthday my cousin is on the right. alright long post i'm sorry.

Monson Family Fitness said...

Are dreams just the craziest! It has definitely been interesting some nights with Corey and I...apparently I full out laugh sometimes...and Corey thinks the ceiling is caving in or that spiders are about to attack us! I love it...Ryan as a cheerleader!

Katy said...

5am is way to early to be getting up. I'm sorry.

Nan said...

I love your new heading!

and no, Ryan does not have the legs for a cheerleader....I don't think he was dreaming. Just pretending so he didn't have to get up. Sorry Ryan, your busted.

mckenzie said...

how'd you do that? did you take a photo? love it!

Outnumbered said...

haha! that is really funny!!!

Anonymous said...

Only in his dreams! that was way funny. when I told john about it he got this funny grin on his face and just started laughing.
I like your new heading too. very creative