Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Entertained... but terrified


You know that girl in your 7th grade P.E. class who you always purposely served the volleyball to? You know, that girl who would dive after the ball like it was a chocolate cake about to be spoiled on the athlete's foot-infested gym floor, yet still couldn't hit that ball back over the net or to the closest teammate. That girl who was unable to get even two UNDERhand serves over the net during Ms. Anderson's serving test, yet still got an A because Ms. Anderson understood that there was no physical way that girl could do it. She was terrified of the tall girls, especially the 8-foot blonde viking chic who didn't talk but could serve with both right and left hands and still get the ball to that girl's shaking hands every single time. And the short, feisty gals made that girl nervous too. She was the weakest link on every team.

I know that girl well and watching May and Walsh sort of makes my hands shake again.

6 comments:

The Smiths said...

You're so funny, I love reading your blog. You're like the commentator for everything, so I don't even have to watch it! Thanks for filling me in and for being funny when you do it. :)

Outnumbered said...

haha! you're funny meg. but did you see brazil? they had bra written on their tops. i had a good laugh and they wern't quite so intimidating.

Paul or Lindsay said...

Oh my goodness...were you in my 7th grade P.E. class? Only in my experience, a red rash on my arms from the few times I didn't duck at the ball would have to be included. (Also, do we really think wearing white bikinis during a rainy match is a good idea?)

Anonymous said...

I am that girl!
N

Katy said...

That girl kind of sounds like me. Ms. Anderson was the best P.E. teacher and I'm pretty sure I know which tall blonde girl that doesn't talk very much you are talking about:) Good times.

Hallie said...

Wow P.E. at Willow Valley that bring back a few memories. During our Volleyball section me and I can't remember who convinced a few of the other girls that they should try this "Fun Trick" where they lace their arms through the volley ball net and see who can do it the fastest. Then while theirs arms are caught in the net we pantsed them in front of the whole gym. It was a pretty sweet trick for the 8th grade.