Monday, June 11, 2007

A thing for beautiful women

As Ethan becomes more and more aware that he is not the only person in this world, he is starting to flirt.
At church yesterday, I watched him stare at women until they looked at him. Once they made eye contact, he would make this huge, chubby-cheeked grin that elicited quite a few giggles from ward members. He's beginning to understand how to make a woman's knees turn to Jello.
He has become a happier baby recently and I believe it's because he's actually getting some sleep now. Before, he wouldn't nap and slept horribly at night. Now, though he still wakes up a few times a night, he takes long naps and goes to bed around 8 p.m. (Hooray!).
I will probably get a knock on the door from DCFS in the next few days for writing this, but I'm putting Ethan to sleep on his stomach! That's a BIG no-no in the baby world, but otherwise, he doesn't get any sleep. He takes all his naps on his stomach and falls asleep that way at night, then I roll him over once he's sound asleep. Mom tells me that once they are four months you can let them sleep on their stomachs, but everything I've read tells me that you are not supposed to do that until they are one year old. However, IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO KEEP ME SANE! So he's on his stomach right now. I go check on him every ten minutes or so. I figure our parents put all of us on our stomachs when we were babies, right?

0 comments: